Time to have your say…

I know that most of you are aware of the current dilemma we face with regards to the issue of movement supply, so this is mainly for the benefit of those who, for whatever reason, don’t have the benefit of the Facebook Backer’s Group.

So, a quick back story…

As with a lot of Microbrands that got funded around the same time as we did, the economic and production-focused effects of COVID-19 have been felt far and wide. We’ve managed to fare a bit better than most though, as only 3% of our manufacturing is outsourced beyond our national shores, so the crux of the watch’s development has remained thus far, unimpacted.

Movements have been the main issue for us, with our primary manufacturer struggling to cope with the backlog created by a 4 month factory lock down… It wasn’t anything we could plan for, but we are in the fortunate position of being able to make changes on-the-fly, adapting to various challenges as they’ve arisen. This is thanks, in no small part, to the fact your watch isn’t being project-managed by any external entity.

However, there are some decisions that we can’t make alone. Here’s the dilemma…

As of last Monday, the lead-time to dispatch for the Sellita SW200-1 (with a custom date wheel) was 12 weeks, and we feel that could even be an optimistic evaluation, with a second pandemic ‘spike’ looming.

Before I lay down the options (a different movement with a shorter lead-time), here’s some things you should know:

  • The alternative is ‘part for part’ almost identical.
  • The alternative is still a Swiss-Made ETA 2824 clone, made to the same tolerances.
  • The alternative is CIRCA, less than 10 Swiss Francs cheaper than our primary choice. This IS NOT a convoluted way of trying to ‘down sell’ you.
  • If you want the movement that was spec’d at the point you backed, then that’s what you’ll get, albeit with a slightly longer wait. Nothing has to change if you don’t want it to.

The reason for the poll, is to gauge whether there’s enough of you happy to make the swap, to warrant releasing an initial batch earlier than projected, effectively giving you the power NOT to have to wait. That’s it. It’s your choice.

Fill in the form, and we’ll go from there:

*If you do not respond and there is NOT an overwhelming majority (80%+) in favour of swapping, by default you will be issued with the launch spec’ (Sellita SW200-1). If you do not respond and there IS an overwhelming majority in favour of swapping, we will contact you directly for a response. Either way, your wishes will be respected and acted upon.